THE ISABEL II BRIDGE (The Triana Bridge)

Compartir

Javascript is required to view this map.

Its official name is Isabel II Bridge, due to it was built under her reign, but everybody knows it as the Triana Bridge. It connects the Alfarero (potter) neighborhood with the old quarter of the city.
 
This bridge, declared national historic heritage, also has the honor to be the first steady bridge to cross the Guadalquivir, replacing a wooden one known as "Puente de Barcas" (the Rowboats Bridge) and it was built from 1845 to 1852 by two French engineers: Steinacher and Bernadet.
 
On the side by Triana, is the Carmen Chapel, built by Aníbal González, also responsible of important constructions like the Plaza de España